Friday, August 20, 2010

Holiday Twist

Starting today, I’ll make the most of my holidays. I won’t lay my hands on work or required school reading.  That’s what I did yesterday. And it was the most fun-and-wisdom-filled of all Quezon City days of my life.

The day before Quezon City day, I planned to clean-up our bedroom and fix my files, apart from going to a scheduled meeting with the Parish Youth Ministry.

But a major twist came at around ten in that evening. Ilia called and asked me to act for her film project. Torn-shocked, I eventually yielded. Ilia is my very close friend, I’d regret the day I turn my back on her. That’s serious, no strings attached. Although she explicitly said that I and another friend may ask her for anything, except her soul-- and money. Haha!

So even if I don’t have any inkling on acting, and that all my life, what I know I’m comfortable at is critiquing actors, I ended up packing up clothes for the shooting. Come what may.

At ten the next day, at Trigo Café, Bahay ng Alumni, I came to see Ilia again after some weeks. It was also a chance of new encounters. I got acquainted with a mother and a child. The child was supposed to be my actress-child in Ilia’s film. Good though that I looked more like an older sister to the child than a mother. Therefore, I landed on assisting Ilia instead with the audio, giving her some minor inputs on camera foci.

I had a brief encounter with the child’s mother who shared with me stuff about motherhood and working in a textbook publishing firm. She reminded me of my personal dreams when I finally become a mother. And so did the mother of Trigo Café’s head chef’s mom. I was alone taking lunch (for as usual, I’m always the last to finish) when Tita Femia came and sat in the chair in front of me. She started talking about her plans to acquire the café, that it’s a place where she and her son bond, that she retired early from being a chemist so she can have more time with her son, that her son loves food photography, that all the photos in the menu and all around the café, except for the sandwich takes, were taken by her son, that she enjoys riding home and back with her son every day, and that she wants to spend the rest of her life by her son’s child.

I ended up taking out blueberry cheesecake and coffee blum cake from the café. But what I enjoyed more taking out with me were the stories of those two mothers, set in Trigo.


Trigo Cafe shot taken from  http://www.yesnomeh.com/2010_03_01_archive.html


The title of Ilia’s film was Saan Nabibili ang Happy Ending?. I thought those two mothers and their children have already bought theirs. ♥

---
By the way, I think it's also worth telling that after a couple of years, I finally decided to have a different haircut. I'm looking forward to more exciting changes that will lead to my own happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment