Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Truth

God gives us not what we want but what we need. Sometimes what we want coincides with what we need. Sometimes, it doesn't. When we're torn between what we want and what we need, the world would tell us to follow our hearts, take the leap and risk.

Although the resounding voice tells me to jump in and take the risk, a silent voice whispers that I have to let God be. Sometimes, I just have to take a step back and recollect about the things that matter more than what I feel, more than what my heart desires.

The Gospel today reminded me of that which is most important. That something will not be taken away from me, despite the stones unturned, the disappointments, the unfulfilled hopes, and the unrealized dreams. That is His love, ever unfailing.

And that truth will never fail to make me smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment