Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Childhood places

This Eraserheads video was set in a place where I spent my days playing as a child.

I remember...
I used to run-walk on the same pavements.
In those rails, I hung from bar to bar. Yes, like a monkey! I reveled at the fact that my hands were strong enough to hold my then heavy weight.
Atop the terrace, I used to join my cousins as they went biking.
Baby Terrace's slopes served as the most daring slide in my then small world.

The swimming pool sequence reminds me of the days when Papa brought me to swimming for the first and I think, the last time. I can still recall that I was in a blue one-piece swimwear, sulking at the bland blue waters. I never learned how to swim.

Along the snaky road, I used to run, along with my childhood friends, Ricky, his brothers Bibang and Ichad, racing against tricycles! :)

Oh, and I used to dip my hands in the bottle fountain (which sadly isn't shown in the video)! There I would wait for the turtle to move, exasperated at its every movement. Only to realize that the movement was an illusion because later on I would know that the turtle is actually made of stone.

The whole setting is nostalgia. Take me back to those days!



2 comments:

  1. ang nostalgic mo hilds!
    i miss you!
    napangiti mo'ko sa "like a monkey"
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Amishuuu sobra! Nakakapangulila sa mga nagdaang araw ang video e. Parang gusto ko ulit bumalik sa mga oras na yun. Ka-edad siguro natin yung batang babae, tingin mo? Sayang kung nakasama kita nung ganyang age, ipapakilala kita kay Mamang Pagong. :)

    ReplyDelete