Thursday, September 15, 2011

Growing. Here.


Somewhere along the way I lost my drive to do the things I love doing. I lost my drive to write, to plan in the mornings, to plot out my life, to sketch my dreams. I look around and try to look at people my age, seemingly, they too are lost like me. 
But this is a good kind of lost. The lost that makes you feel confident that someday you’d find your pot of gold, whatever that pot of gold is for you. This is the kind of lost that gives me a sense that I am where I am needed, where I should be. Sometimes, I feel that I am only making excuses for the unrest, but most of the times, I find that life is about making the most of what you have, where you are. 
As a young adult, the world challenges me to always look and dream beyond but in some wiser moments, I face the greater challenge of facing what is and making the most of it. Why? Because I want to expand from where I am.
And I believe that’s growing in the present is better than chasing the future, for eventually, we all end up there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment