Wednesday, February 15, 2012

power


“I kind of define power now by having the confidence to make your own decisions and not be swayed by other people. And be brave and fearless to know that even if you do make a wrong decision, you made it for a good reason.”
— Adele, photoshoot for Vogue, 2012

Honestly, I don't know if letting you go was a right or wrong decision for me. I was never given the chance to decide before I committed the act. The circumstances stopped me from weighing the pros and cons. You did not give me the luxury of time. You did not tell me you were leaving.

I'm not writing this because I want you to know about how I am thinking right now. That is the least of my concerns. I'm writing this because I want myself to know that it's fine if I made some life-changing actions without having thought about it. I'm writing this because I want to tell myself that it's ok to have risked letting go without actually knowing why. 

I have no idea if somewhere along I'd find out the answers. But one thing is sure,this life can't wait. I, too, have my own journey to continue.

But in case, just in case, you know, I won't be too far yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment