Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just because

There are words that I say just because.
Like I feel cold right now, it must be the aircon in my room.
There are words that I write because they're meant to be read.
Like yesterday, I spent time with great young people
and realized that each youth has a reservoir of power within her, waiting to be tapped.
There are words that I can't say just because saying them gives them life.
Like I know that I can't bring back time, only memory
which also is bound to leave
There are words that are just born, they can't stand by themselves.
Like I miss you.


-h

--
In the mode of missing old friends. See, I'm not really a good friend-keeper. Just today, I got a call from my close girl-friend. We were supposed to meet and catch up tonight, but then my bad, I forgot to tell her earlier that I have a meeting scheduled tonight. So I ended up pleading (for the nth time) to move our dinner to another date. Priorities. I know my relationships are more important than the tasks I have in this world. But then, this forgetful mind of mine. I feel so guilty. I know if I continue walking along this line of prioritizing tasks over people, I'd be alone in the end. Urgh, Hilda! Wake up, sleepy head! T_T


--
Saw this in my file storage:


Sa(d)yang tinanggihan ko ang alok mo
Noon sa Bao Park
Kung iba ang sinabi ko
Nadagdagan sana (nga) ang kaunting mga sandali
Ng Burger McDo at French Fries
Ng mahabang lakaran at tawanan
Papunta sa boarding house ko
Kung saan naghihintay ang dilaw na sofa

Sa(d)yang nanaig ang pride ko
Kaya di ko na natikman ang kakaibang lasa
Ng fried lumpia ng Jollibee
Kapag kasabay kitang ngumunguya

Sa(d)yang kinabig ko na parang isang baso
Ng Regular Coke ng McDo
ang sa(d)yang dala sana ng
Kaunting mga saglit.

-h, Sa(d)ya
19 April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment