Friday, February 10, 2012

Two kids crossed the street this morning

They were holding hands. In my normal Ate mode, I would have freaked out at the fact that they're walking the street unguarded by their parents. But no, at that moment, what captured my unguarded attention was that those toddlers were holding hands while crossing the street, walking along with a number of strangers, including me.

The scenery evoked a smile on my lips, triggering an old memory.

I was in college then, homeward bound after a morning class. As I was walking along, I saw a very old couple, they seemed like they're already on their 90s, with their crooked spines, crossing the street, holding each other's hand as they trod the pavement with their trembling knees. For a while, my world halted to take a longer look at the beautiful , rather magical, scene in front of me. In that few minutes of watching the old couple walk from one side of the road to the other, a dream was born.

And that happened also, days before Valentine's.

No comments:

Post a Comment